How to Set Up a Facebook Business Page in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Create a Page
Go to https://www.facebook.com/business and click Create a Page in the top right hand corner.
You’ll be directed to choose from several business type options. As a local area business person, choose Local Business or Place.
After clicking Local Business or Place, a box will open asking for further details. Enter your details, and choose your Page category. These are sub-types within Local Business or Place.
Once you’ve chosen, click Get Started. Clicking this indicates that you accept Facebook’s terms and conditions for Business Pages, which you can view here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/pages_groups_events/
Step 2. Add Images
Upload profile and cover images for your Facebook Page. Choose images that make a good first impression and comply with your brand. It’s recommended that you use the same imagery across all social media platforms, and include any compliance approval that is needed for your industry.
Your profile picture needs to be 180 x 180 pixels.
Your cover image needs to be 851 x 315 pixels.
We recommend asking your marketing department to supply your cover photo.
Step 3: Your new Business Page is now alive.
You will be prompted to take a quick walk-through. We recommend clicking through the prompts so you are more familiar with your new page. It only takes a few seconds.
Some key items to complete:
- Add a short description with a maximum of 155 characters.
- Create your username with a maximum of 50 characters by clicking Create a Username for Your Page.
- Click About section; this is REALLY important. Don’t skip it. It’s in the left-hand menu of your Facebook Page.
- Edit all of your business details. When you’re finished, click Save Changes.
- Log into your SocialSurvey account and connect your profile to your business page.
Have questions? Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com